Netflix doesn’t have a monopoly on streaming content. My wife and I are Amazon Prime members primarily for the free shipping, but also for Amazon Music and Amazon television and movie offerings.
Here are the top-10 Amazon Prime television shows that I plan to watch at some point.
- The Man in the High Castle – I am an OG science-fiction nerd, and Philip K. Dick was one of my early favorite sf writers. There’s no way I could avoid watching this Amazon original. Already two seasons and 20 episodes in, with a third season about to drop.
- Orphan Black – More science-fiction content. No surprise there. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this Canadian show over the years. Five seasons, 50 episodes.
- The Expanse – I’m starting to see a science fiction theme here. This SyFy series is already a couple of seasons in, with a third season now airing. I like Thomas Jane. I like space ships. Seems like a no-brainer.
- The Tick – This is original Amazon programming. I was a fan of the Patrick Warburton series, and I’m definitely interested in seeing what this one’s all about.
- Vikings – Not science fiction. But, it’s vikings. I think I’m a reincarnated berserker. This series is in its fifth season now, and is already renewed for a sixth.
- Boardwalk Empire – I like Steve Buscemi. And, I like period crime dramas. This one was on for five seasons and was only 56 episodes.
- Six Feet Under – a drama centered around a funeral home. Five seasons and 63 episodes.
- House of Lies – I like Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell. Five seasons and 58 episodes.
- Deadwood – Timothy Olyphant prior to Justified. Plus, a bunch of other actors I know and like. Three seasons, 36 episodes.
- Batman the Animated Series – I’ve seen quite a few of these, but not all of them, and I remember liking the series back in the ’90s. After a couple of decades, it may be time to watch these 85 episodes again.
This just scratches the surface of the content offered on Amazon Prime, of course. There’s a lot more. So much content; so little time.