I don’t normally participate in these things, but I liked reading Derrick’s responses. I thought I’d give it a try.
1. Do you put ketchup on hot dogs? Sometimes. I’m more a classic mustard, onions, relish guy.
2. Choice of soda? Coke is it!
3. Do you put salt on watermelon? No, but my wife does.
4. Can you swim? Just well enough to not drown.
5. Hot dogs or burgers? Cheeseburgers are my favorite, but I won’t turn down a hot dog.
7. Do you believe in ghosts? No, but I’d like to.
8. What do you drink in the morning? Lots of coffee.
9. Can you do 100 push ups? Not these days. I’m one of those “back in the day” guys.
10. Favorite season: Summer. I love to read in the sunshine.
11. Your favorite animal? Dog.
12. Tattoos? No tattoos. Lots of ritual scarring.
13. Do you wear glasses? Only when I’m awake.
14. Do you have a phobia? My impulsive response is “No,” unless heights, snakes and public speaking count.
15. Do you have a nickname? Several that I won’t repeat here. You can call me Fire or FW.
16. Ever been arrested? Yes, but only once and I deserved it. I’ve been in the back of a patrol car on several occasions, however.
17. Do you remember your first kiss? Sure. An older neighborhood girl, Susan, taught me how to play a game called “Slap, Kiss, or Hug.” She was somehow the girl I always had to kiss. I’d estimate that she was my first dozen kisses.
18. Rain or Snow? Rain
19. Can you change a tire? Yes, but not in the rain.
20. Favorite flower? Let’s stick with the classics. Love the way roses look and smell.
21. Can you drive a stick? Depends upon who you ask. I say “Yes,” but I’m hell on clutches.
22. Ever gone sky diving? No, and I never will on purpose.
23. Kids? Germy little parasites.
24. Favorite color? Blue
25. Favorite actor? Don’t really have one. A few that I admire(d): Philip Seymour Hoffman, Glenn Close, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Colm Meaney . . . it’s a long list.
26. Can you whistle? No, and it’s a source of embarassment. My wife will whistle for the dogs to come in, and they always look at me first when they come through the doggy door. I feel like I’ve let them down.
27. Where were you born? Charleston, South Carolina
28. Surgeries? Too many to list. Most stemming from a bike accident and degenerative disc disease.
29. Favorite smell? Fresh coffee, frying bacon, and vanilla—All at the same time.
30. Shower or bath? Shower. I can’t recall the last time I sat in a tub.
31. Last Song You Heard? “The Vampires of New York,” by Marcy Playground
32. Broken bones? Yes. Hip, leg, foot, toes, left pinky finger.
33. How many TV’s in your home? 3
34. Worst pain? Broken bones hurt a lot, but nothing tops a broken heart.
35. Do you like to sing? When the mood strikes. I’ve performed all across the country, but I know I’m not as good as they tell me I am.
36. Are your parents still alive? My mother is still alive.
37. Do you like camping? I don’t understand the concept of living like a homeless person for fun.
38. What do you binge watch? I don’t think I “binge” anything. I don’t like watching more than two episodes of a series per week. But, I am watching a lot of series. The West Wing, Shameless, Twin Peaks, Hell on Wheels, Star Trek: Discovery, Fargo, Flash, Supergirl . . .eh, you get the picture.
39. Pumpkin or pecan pie? Pecan pie with enough molasses to put me in a sugar coma.
40. If you feel so inclined, feel free to play along with a photo of yourself.